Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I have a section 8 tenant in San Francisco. I want to raise

Customer Question

I have a section 8 tenant in San Francisco. I want to raise rent but need tenant signature on request form. What will I do if tenant refuse to sign?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: San Francisco California
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: month to month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You will send the form to the tenant and a copy to the Section 8 office. If the tenant refuses to sign, then the Section 8 office investigates to determine if the rent is reasonable for the area and if it is they can still grant the increase without the tenant's signaute.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.