Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I gave permission to a friend, with two children, o stay at

Customer Question

I gave permission to a friend , with two children, o stay at my home for 2 weeks. It is now 2 months and they refuse to leave. Is there any legal action I can do?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ca.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 1 month ago.

This is attorney Bill assisting you with your real property legal question today. Because your friend is not a tenant in law but a guest you don't need to instigate formal eviction proceedings.

You are entitled to ask her to leave and change the locks when she is away. This is the case if they are paying no rent.

Otherwise you need to file and bring an unlawful detainer action with the Superior Court.

The process server will serve the complaint on your friend and your friend can be removed.

You will be issued with a writ of possession and your friend can be removed by the sheriff.

Please follow up if you need more information.

We are here to help.

REMEMBER THAT WE COUNT ON POSITIVE RATINGS SO RATE NOW GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE YOUR EXIT

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT

BEST

Bill