Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I'm leasing a mobile home in a mobile home park. I've been

Customer Question

I'm leasing a mobile home in a mobile home park. I've been there about a year. I paid cash for the whole year upfront. I did ask at the time if I'm not happy in a year I need to move what do I do? The landlord said well if that comes to that I'll work it out for you. The year is up I just find out my sister have to come and live with me I'm to be a caregiver. It's a one are single wide mobile home and not enough room for both of us. I want to talk to him and he said no your lease renewed itself two months ago for the Nother year. It automatically renewed itself nothing was said from either party but I can't stay there but I'm willing to buy a place in the park didn't want to hold him responsible for still paying the lease why am still trying to in the same park by her place and pay that space rent then he asked me to run an ad in the paper to see if I can get him a renter and it's a big park and there's lots of the multi nine states. He trying to hold me to this little trailer rental because of my lease. I said if the unit in question and Brian here was your listing you would do it and re-rent the one I'm in. And I know they can do that how do I break the lease. The bigeye storm we just had headphones in timbers on the roof and did a lot of damage in the park and quite frankly I'm afraid even be there and that particular one besides the room issue what can I do?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the mobile home?
Customer: what can I do? Oregon Eugene Oregon
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Oregon Eugene Oregon it took them almost 2 weeks just to get all the timber off the street there was carport smashed limbs everywhere and I finally got in this past week with trucks and got it cleaned up but they rarely do anything on a timely basis when there's an anything that's going on around there. He knows the one I'm looking at but it's not their listing but it will accommodate me my sister my my friend and is plenty big enough you know he knows the one I rented is too small but the new said no nothing I can do about it I know there is but what can I do yes he has no problem me buying the place he just trying to hold me to pay for both of them unless I get him a runner which they do all the time they got a big website the rewritten those things all the time, re-renting them all the time. Now he'll have a permanent tenant what he likes and my sister who has to have a lot of equipment that are caregiver now I just found out this whole unit would be perfect don't understand there thinking
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes he knows is too small, he did tell me he would work something out if I wanted to move the year from whenever I give them all the cash now just come to that point and other surprising my sister I'm willing to stay in the park I need a bigger place I would think you'd be happy about it re-rent the one I'm in but they're trying to hold me to the Lee' yes he knows is too small, he did tell me he would work something out if I wanted to move the year from whenever I give them all the cash now just come to that point and other surprising my sister I'm willing to stay in the park I need a bigger place I would think you'd be happy about it re-rent the one I'm in but they're trying to hold me to the Lease
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if you can end the lease early where they agreed to let you do that?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No phone $31 is all I have
I do need a answer to my question
Please

no call needed, but can you clarify. are you asking if you cancel the lease?