KJLLAW
KJLLAW, Other
Experience:  I have over 20 years of experience in commercial real estate law, finance, consumer credit, landlord tenant, and business law.
92128996

I have a court date this Friday. I am being summoned because

Customer Question

Hi, I have a court date this Friday. I am being summoned because my payment was late. I was told that because this is the second time my payment has been late, the eviction cannot be stopped. Is this true? What can I do to stop from losing my apartment?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And to clarify, can you tell me what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: North Carolina. I have been served a summons to appear before the magistrate
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: A year long lease. Rent is due on the first and late by the 5th. I have had a few issues with plumbing. I've had to call maintenance 3 times in the past month
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been late and it was hard to keep up. However I still paid my rent every month. I have my payment for the month they are evicting me for plus this month. My landlord just refuses to accept
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  KJLLAW replied 4 months ago.
Good afternoon. When does the lease expire? What county are you looking located?