Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US
18695994

1. As I (landlord) would like to have the tenants evicted,

1. As I (landlord) would like to have the tenants evicted, if the court tells the tenants to pay and stay, can I refuse taking money from the tenants to guarantee that I can evict them? Is refusing money from them in this case legal or I am crossing the law?2) In NJ and PA, for a 1 year and 1 week lease, how can I (landlord) legally terminate the lease? The lease ends in August. What type of a notice should I send to tenants? Details please. Thanks

Thank you for asking for me. In answer to your first question, you cannot refuse to accept the money payment if the court rules the tenants can cure their default by paying past due rent.

On the second question, if the lease does not end until August 2017, you can give notice that you will not renew the lease and they have to vacate at the end of the lease. Unless they are in default, you cannot terminate the lease early. Check the lease to see what the notice provisions are. If there is no provision deaiing with renewal of the lease, then you want to give the notice at least 30 or more days before the lease expires.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Thank you for positively rating my answer. I am glad I could be of help. If you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard - Bizlaw.