barristerinky
barristerinky, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney over 16 years, landlord 26 years
19958803

I am a landlord with property in Lacey, WA 98503. I need to

Customer Question

I am a landlord with property in Lacey, WA 98503. I need to find a lawyer for landlords, as, my ex-tenant is a "hold over" when the notarized lease contract terminated yesterday at 1300; 1-1-17 and he said they will not leave; saying some thing about an RLTA.org he found on-line.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: I did; Lacey, Washington 98503
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Not sure, I did not want to re-new or extend the lease, when he told on; 11-28-16 that he bought a house and they do not want to renew the lease, but they want me to ex-tend the lease for a month-or-2, so they can store all the stuff until their home contract closes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in Lacey to day & maybe show them all the paper work I have , as, I live in Bremerton
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I see some one in Lacey or Olympia, today, about this tenant problem?Thank you,
Jeff
Expert:  barristerinky replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Ok, under Washington law, specifically RCW 59.04.030, there is no notice required when a fixed term lease ends. It simply expires and if the tenant doesn't vacate, and you don't want to extend the lease as a month to month tenancy, then you can immediately go to the local Superior courthouse and file an eviction, called an unlawful detainer, against the tenant to get a judgment and writ that the sheriff will execute to forcibly remove them.

.

The clerk sets a hearing date and you are responsible for having the tenant served by the sheriff or constable. At the hearing date, the judge will hear from both sides and then issue an order granting you a judgment and issuing a writ of execution for any delinquent rent and costs including reasonable attorney's fees..

.

After the writ is issued, you can have the sheriff serve it on the tenant 5 days later and forcibly evict them if they haven't vacated.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I live in Bremerton & would like to hire any attorney in Lacey/Olympia, also meet with them today.thanks,
Jeff

Ok, there might have been a little confusion about what the attorneys on JustAnswer do.. We are independent contractors with JustAnswer who are only allowed to answer questions and provide legal information to customers. JustAnswer is not a law firm so they can't represent anyone..

.

So unfortunately, I am not allowed to represent customers from the site or recommend anyone personally under my agreement with JustAnswer. However, these are a couple sites that we attorneys actually use if we need foreign counsel in a state where we aren't licensed. Further, customers have consistently reported good results with these sites:

.

www.martindale.com

.

www.lawyers.com

.

They screen their attorneys based on geographic location, area of practice, time in practice, cost and customer reviews.

.

But to be honest, getting a same day appointment with a local attorney the day after New Years is probably not going to happen as most attorney's offices don't reopen until tomorrow..

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was afraid, you might say that with the day after new Years.
Thank you for your time & help, I will check the sites you,sent
Jeff

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

And most attorney, (excepting the ones here on JustAnswer), take the day off for vacation.. But there really isn't a critical rush for you because you can't get anything filed today anyway as all the courts are closed. Once you filed the eviction case, it will probably take a couple weeks before you can get put on the docket..

.

.

thanks