Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a landlord who is trying to evict me. They are

Customer Question

I have a landlord who is trying to evict me. They are currently selling their home and I was told I would not be affected. They have asked me to leave because they do not have any place to live. I currently have a year lease that is good till Oct 2017. The posted on my door today a notice (3 day notice to quit and demand for possession). Stating I have breached my lease. That I have several people residing with me. That is not true. They have also stated I'm not permitted guests more than 3 days. I am a disabled woman and I do need help occasionally. I have always informed the landlords of this, it has never been any issue. I have always paid my rent on time. I need some help
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Wildwood, NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, just the notice left on my door today.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Marc Esq USA replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Marc. I'm a licensed attorney, experienced in landlord tenant law, and I will be happy to assist you.

This is an awful situation! You may have a few options here. But before I go further, it would be great if you could send me a copy of your lease. You can attach it here. Once I receive it, I'll get back to you ASAP with my analysis.

Thanks,

Marc