How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 55391
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been told i have to vacate by 11/30. I dont have

Customer Question

I have been told i have to vacate by 11/30. I dont have money and nowhere to go. I have cancer. I suffered a stroke in may. Catoid artery surgery in july. Four blood transfusions. Arthritis in neck causing severe pain in neck, shoulders and arms. I am on disability and dont get paid till 12/2.
Im desperate. Please call me at(###) ###-####
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

who told you the landlord or the court? is there an order?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Judge order
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

You have a few options. You can file a motion for reconsiderarion/reargument. You can consider appeal. You can work out a mutually acceptable date with landlord who can avoid legal fees dealing with the such motion/appeal but accomodating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do i file an appeal in Gwinnett county
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

I will need to open this question to my colleagues for specifics on the appeal process.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Or how do i file motion for
reconsideration. Im desperate
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
Simply go to the clerks office where order was issued and the pro se clerk will help in filing for reconsideration which involves filling out an affidavit explaining why there was an error and need more time. Kindly rate me five stars.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you refer me to a pro bono attorney in Gwinnett county who handles landlord tenant issues?
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.
You can get from the local legal aid as well as the court often provides referrals. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.