socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have further development. the roommate of my frend filed a

I have further development. the roommate of my frend filed a lawsuit against the landlord. My friend did not want to sign the lawsuit so the roommate, a paralegal, forged my friends signature and filed the lawsuit. My friend, who I have been helping, does not know what to do not. He has moved out of the house and has a new place. What advice should I give my friend?

Your friend can call law enforcement and report the forgery. Your friend can then take a copy of the police report and submit it to the court as notice that your friend did not file or authorize the filing of the lawsuit. Regarding the lawsuit itself, even if your friend does nothing, the court will eventually dismiss the case for lack of prosecution -- and that will end the matter.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He does not have a copy of the lawsuit, he was told by a friend. What is the best way to get a copy?

Visit the courthouse and ask the clerk to provide a copy. Typical cost is 50 cents per page ($1.00 for first page).

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.
Thanks again for using Justanswer!