Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

Im renting for my parents and we dont have a lease agreement

Customer Question

hello im renting for my parents and we dont have a lease agreement at all what happened was i moved back home and they were living there then my grandmother passed away and they moved in to her house and i got a dog they were fine with it untill a week ago when they out of no where told me i had to get rid of the dog he is licenced and up to date on all of his shots he has not destroyed anything in the house is there anything i can do to keep the dog
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: port huron mi
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: we do not have a lease and we've had no problems with maintenance or upkeep
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this; did they give verbal consent to the dog?