Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I hope so. Is this service free? How much does it cost?

Customer Question

I hope so. Is this service free?
JA: The Landlord-Tenant Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: How much does it cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: After I pay the $5 deposit is that when you send a price info. page?
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: The property is in California Nevada County. No local attorney has been consulted. My question has to do with a pet deposit.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I believe the routine regular maintenance. I moved into the house over 4 years ago with cats and dog, the landlord knowing the cats would be in the house. Paid pet deposit, cats did some damage to carpet, he wanted the cats up outside, so I did. Now I want the cats back in house because of dogs at large killed one and the landlord wants them to stay out. what can I do to have them stay in the house?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure. I'd like to know how the money fee works before you contact the lawyer.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 13 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Was the arrangement about the cats being outside written into the lease or only a verbal agreement? Do the cats never come into the house? When you say they are outside are they just roaming loose or are they in some type of protected enclosure? At the time you agreed to keep them outside was there any reason to believe they would be in danger? When does your lease expire?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your response, I can see where this could get to be a bit more than I want it to be. So, I won't continue with your services. Thank you again.
I am not interested in starting my free trial.
Sharon

I believe the free trial works like this. You can ask an expert a question and get a satisfactory answer. You do not pay for the answer. You rate my answer so I get credit for the work on your question but you do not pay. You can check with support to confirm my undetstanding is correct. If it is if you answer my questions I will try to answer yours.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Richard, Thanks again for getting back to me, but I am no longer interested in pursuing this matter through Just/Ask.Sorry,
Sharon
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 12 days ago.

OK