Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have not been home for 12 days and I am still not home out

Customer Question

I have not been home for 12 days and I am still not home out of state. A 5 day notice was sent to me the owner of the home by a person on title fradulently. I was never served and will not be back in the state for 7 more days. What can I do?
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: California. I have an appointment to meet with an attorney on Dec. 1st.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: NO there is no lease. He was totake over mortgage completely and I was to be debt free and he own the house and pay me $3000 as a moving assistance.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. My mortgage company has asked him to stop calling and we will be able to to a short sale after I get his name off and have the foreclosure stopped
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Ely replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify what has happened?

1) A 5 day notice for what?

2) How is his name on the title? What do you mean fraudulently?

3) "He was to take over the mortgage completely?" What do you mean? What did you and he agree to specifically, in writing?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.