Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I've owned a condo for about 14 years, occupied by my

Customer Question

I've owned a condo for about 14 years, occupied by my daughter and her family. The house is fairly trashed; recently my husband and I put about $10,000 into it (he did the work, that's just materials). My daughter is now end stage alcoholic, and was just fired. She and her husband are currently drinking and gambling his paycheck at the local casino.
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: I want to protect my property - Santa Rosa, Ca, no, no consult.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No formal lease. The agreement was that her rent would vary according to the bank's statement, the mortgage went up in July by $200. No problems before this, but she hasn't paid the increase. Her behavior has deteriorated in the last two months greatly in the last two months.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, will this be telephone or computer?
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LawTalk replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been a CA licensed attorney for more than 3 decades.

If you would like me to call you so that we can have a more private and in-depth conversation, you can request a call by clicking on the "Call Me" button on your page. I am more than happy to call you.

1. What is it you would like to accomplish? What is it I can answer for you?

Doug

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Where on page?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon,

There was a problem with your call request. Please contact customer service at(###) ###-####to get the issue straightened out and then I can call you.

Doug