Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

How are you and my legal problem is I lived in a rental

Customer Question

Hello how are you my name is ***** ***** my legal problem is I lived in a rental property a tow truck ran into the house and did some extensive damage to the house along with my personal things well it took the owner quite some time to repair as a matter of fact the night it happen they didnt send no one out to board the house up the driver of the tow truck and his family boarded it up my family and i stayed in a motel for several nights until it became to expensive but to make a long story short over the months i lost a great deal of my personal property I am a veteran with some serious medical issues. The VA purchased me a chair at a cost of 4000.00 which i lost the down stairs flooded about 6 or 7 times the
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?
Customer: Georgia and i don't no what year the truck was but my problem is i has rental insurance but they told me that if the house would have flooded from perhaps my washing machine i could have filed a claim but it was gods rain so i could not file a claim the rental property got paid I am the only one lost my things and could not get paid for them and now the owners are telling me i owe them 6000.00 dollars because
JA: Well, we require $5 .
Customer: VA stop paying them rent
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: to a collection agency and she said i have 30 days
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was on a housing program where the VA paid my rent and after 3 failed inspection they allowed me to move
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 24 days ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

would you like some information on pursuing and preparing a claim?