Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My landlord unlawfully harassed me, I got a restraining

Customer Question

My landlord unlawfully harassed me, I got a restraining order against him until I moved out of the house. I also filed small claims order for personal damages, since I moved in June 30he did not quit harassing me and being inappropriate. I did not enjoy one single day at this house. He rejected my check for September rent. The moment he was served for restraining order he ritaliated against me, filled unlawful detainer, was not even served. And filed counterclaim with my civil court order. Since I moved out out 23 I sent letter with RCW that states victim of unlawful harassment and that requis I get all my deposit back, plus I have pictures of before and after. I left the house spotless and had a witness with me too. unlawful detainer was dismissed due to me having moved out, but his attorney filed motion to consolidate cases, my personal damages and his, which he has none, and now wants arbitration. I was told this matter becomes civil and will stay with the court and e judge, but now I have a hearing December 2nd to see if judge will rule on arbitration. He kept my security deposit for painting the house for planting planters, some imaginary charges to amount of 4700. I had to relocate away from him in Bellingham and rent another place far away, lost my job because of time for courts, insane, and now I am not sure if to go to my small claims hearing on Nov. 17th and get my case done or go to dec. 2hearing for abstraction that I don't want nor can I afford. Help please, I have had breakdowns with this guy and he did the same thing to the prior tenants, that I found out he rejected payment fm them too just to kick them out and file law suit
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I am sorry to hear that you had to go through this with a horrible landlord..

.

Just so I am clear... his attorney filed a motion to consolidate, but that motion will only be heard on Dec 2, after your small claims case?

.

Or did the judge grant the motion so both your case and the landlord's case will be heard on Dec 2?

.

.

thanks