Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

What should I do if I do not agree with the itemized list

Customer Question

What should I do if I do not agree with the itemized list for damages sent by my landlord?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 7 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

If you do not agree, you have a legal right to respond, in writing and dispute it. You want to lay out what you disagree with and what you want returned and give the landlord a chance to respond. If they fail to do so and this can not be settled, then you would need to sue them in court for the return of the money which is owed that they wrongfully withheld.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!