AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
93913325

I need to know my rights as a tenant who has been ask to

Customer Question

I need to know my rights as a tenant who has been ask to move for either sale or rentavation of my apartment .
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: California
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: She gave me a form telling me I had to move .
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I asked her why and she said to remodel the apartment . I have been here for 9 years . The carpet amonst bad plumming has been a problem . The upper apartment used to leak in my bathroom and kitchen while flooding my bedroom and living room . Sometimes I would wake up and step out of bed to a soak and wet carpet . I have set on he toilet while water dripped on my head .They would never change the carpet.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 23 days ago.

Hi! I'm Heather. I've been a practicing attorney for the last 15 years, and I'd be happy to assist you for informational and educational purposes.

If you are on a month to month lease agreement, which could be the case after you have lived there so long, normally a 60 day notice is required to have you vacate and have the tenancy terminated. Let me know if that answered your question or if you have any follow up questions.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 21 days ago.

Hi. Can you please let me know if I answered your question? If so, would you please provide a positive rating? I really appreciate positive feedback. Thanks.