Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Trying to get info on how I can evict a section 8 hpd

Customer Question

Trying to get info on how I can evict a section 8 hpd tenant? I don't have any reason to other then fact they costing me tons of money in water my bill every 30 days in nyc , staten island is the borough ,my bill can range anywhere from 600-800$ a month yes it's excessive but they have 15 people living in one 5 bedroom duplex apartment 12 kids 3 adults they don't have a lease with me yet, I Purchased house back in April and when purchasing house they asked me if I wanted to keep tenants and I did well not realizing the crazy amount of water they use given fact they have so many people so now I'm stuck as far as I can see any help if any available appreciated
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You can only evict for good cause as stated on the lease or after the expiration of the current lease. Good cause unfortunately, does not include high utilities bills. However, you have to make sure that you follow the terms of the current lease when giving notice not to renew. The notice not to renew must be given to both to the Tenant and the Section 8 program.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't evict these tenants ? I don't know when the last time they had a lease with old house owner but couldn't I just by renew they're lease now eventho there was never a lease between me and them to begin with

I am sorry, but I do not understand your question.

Kindly review, edit, and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.