Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a landlord who wants too take the house back..... we

Customer Question

I have a landlord who wants too take the house back..... we did a land contract for three years, but unfortunately I was diagnosed with stage four cancer and had too fly too the cancer treatment center in chicago n undergo surgery asap....... we had too fly every here WKS, hotels fbill,food, MEDS etc.... but we were never late with the mortgage, so since we breach the contract she wants the house back n she wants too put us out....n we invested over 15,000 in this house buying new doors, new landscaping, new garage door..... we have to go to court the end of the month... what can we do weve been here nine yrs
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Redford michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: i was served last Sunday with papers saying we breach our contract n she wants our names taken off the hou...she doesn't want the house, she doesn't want her name on it anymore.....
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can we sue her.....she made me ket ppl n the house when I was having chemo....she tried too sell the from under us sick or not... can we get our money back we've invested in the house so far?
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 29 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

I am sorry to hear about your illness. I hope you are doing better. How did you breach the contract according to the landlord if you were never late on the mortgage?