Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I had bed Bugs in bed after my next door neighbor had them

Customer Question

I had bed Bugs in bed after my next door neighbor had them in an apartment house in Palmetto, Fl and had so many that I needed to get rid of Mattress and Bed Spring. Although it stated in rules and Regulations, that only if they advised you to do so, then they are not responsible to reimburse you. They had the bugs 4 or 5 months before they moved to my apartment, I feel if they would have taken proper exterminating steps I and some others would not had this problem. Am I entitled to reimburesment?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Palmetto, Florida 34221. Owned by National Church Residences, Columbus, Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Went to Legal help and he felt I had a case and after they, He drop case for unknown reason
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is a HUD Housing Apt for low income person
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me what you mean by

Although it stated in rules and Regulations, that only if they advised you to do so, then they are not responsible to reimburse you.

What does the rule say exactly?