Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I want to file an emergency stay in Tx. Landlord won

Customer Question

I want to file an emergency stay in Tx. Landlord won judgement in court. Gave me a letter of non renewal of my lease and requested I vacate by Nov. 30, 2016. On Nov 7, 2016 a constable placed a 24 hour writ of possession on my door. I have a new place to move on Nov 15th. My daughter is in grade school. I need a few mire days to move. Can you please advise?
JA: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. When the landlord gave you the original notice to vacate on the 30th, do you know why they proceed with an eviction and it was ordered on the 7th? Just trying to figure out why the landlord told you to vacate and then evicted you prior to the lease ending