Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I just signed a lease for a new place to live and realized

Customer Question

Hi I just signed a lease for a new place to live and realized the "wrong" monthly rent was put on the agreement. I immediately contacted the property manager and said there was a mistake on the lease agreement I signed and that I need a new rental agreement with the correct rent that was advertised. Is the agreement I signed binding? OH I live in California
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, the agreement would still be valid. A mutual mistake as to the price can be corrected by mutual agreement of the parties or by either party with proof that the mistake was mutual. However, the balance of the agreement would still be legally enforceable.

In other words, a typographical error regarding the lease amount will not invalidate the entire agreement.