Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

In Buffalo NY is a landlord responsible for paying

Customer Question

In Buffalo NY is a landlord responsible for paying extermination fees when a landlord receives a bill form a tenant for the extermination of bedbugs. The landlord was not made aware of the bedbugs when the apartment became infested, they just sent a bill
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I was not notified before tenant hired an exterminator. As for how I learned of the bedbugs one tenant wrote me a letter saying the onther tenant brought them. Phone calls to each tenant have not been returned.
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 23 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Did you have a certification prior to renting the unit that the unit was free of bedbugs? How long was the tenant in the unit before the bedbugs were reported?