Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 24 years experience.
10285032

I live in tangle park apartment I've been here for 11 years

Customer Question

My names is Monique Douglas I live in tangle wood park apartment I've been here for 11 years I had a eviction filed on me in 2013-2014 but I was never put out the rent was paid in full but now my lease is up and I have to move so I've been looking for another place and this eviction came up because they never removed it out the system so I would like to no how can I go about taken care of this matter because they refuse to give me anything or remove it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to contact management or the landlord and get a letter from them at the very least stating that you were never actually evicted and rent has been paid properly since. If they will not do so, then it is going to require you to sue them in court because that is the only way to get it removed from the system is by the landlord/management filing to remove it, but in the meantime if management at least gives you a letter saying what I said above, most times it will be enough for a landlord to ignore the record.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Do you have any additional questions for us?