Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I been living in my apartment for a year with a 85 year old

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** i been living in my apartment for a year with a 85 year old best friend iv'e been having problems with landlord / and matenace man not repairing anything walls are cracking /flooding on a good rainy day i'm disabled taking care of my sick friend my stove leaks gas mold grows on the walls no smoke detectors the place is decaying or carbondinoxize detectors i'm on a breathing nebulizer had no lights for a month my windows at the top won't stay up the whole moth of january no heat i keep getting promises that things would fix but never did my health is deteareating now they want to put me out rather then fix anything i can barly get around let a lone try to find some place else to live with this 85 year old man with postate/altimerzei need help can u help me i got nine days to try to find some where to live i need help thank you sincerly ***** ***** please help i don't know where else to go
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Is you lease term up or are you being required to move for another reason? What state are you in?