Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

Im my landlord put a notice on my door saying he is going to

Customer Question

hi im jerry my landlord put a notice on my door saying he is going to evict me if i do not have my rent into him by 11/5 . and the reason i am three days late is because i have had two strokes and been in the hospital for the last two months do i have any rights
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: im in arizona
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the guy charges me 20.00 a day for every day im late and i just need to know my rights here i cant help that i have been in the hospital the last towo month im only two days late on my rent
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
They have to give you 5 days notice to pay the rent. If you pay the entire amount owed within the 5 days the landlord can not evict you and cannot refuse to accept the rent. After 5 days, of you haven't paid, the landlord can refuse to accept the rent payment and file for eviction.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
The landlord can not evict you without filling in court and obtaining a wit of possession. The writ would be placed with the sheriff for execution. The sheriff then shows up and evicts the tenant. The process takes about a month or so.