Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My granddaughter rented from Costal village...the appartment

Customer Question

my granddaughter rented from Costal village...the appartment was flea infested. She notified them and they did not respond. she moved out. they are charging her (and me) for two months rent and other charges. Help!
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: yes. Ft Myers, Florida
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I think that I do not have enough information...the other tenant had a cat which was not allowed. My granddaughter notified the property manager who did nothing. Fleas were everywhere.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I vouched for the appartment so now they are billing me...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear this; can you tell me if the tenants requested, in writing, for the landlord to remedy the situation and if there is proof of that?