How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Satisfied Customers: 54783
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
Type Your Landlord-Tenant Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Pima County, AZ and had a friend and his

Customer Question

Good morning Pearl,
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: I live in Pima County, AZ and had a friend and his girlfriend living with my partner and I (for over 3 years now). He got violent on Wednesday Oct 26th and I called the Sherriff. He couldn't really do anything because it was a "he said, she said" scenario. I want them both out of the house. What are my options? There was no formal lease agreement but they were supposed to do work around the house to help since they had no money.
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I have not contacted an attorney yet.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else they may need to know.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

You may file a police report which will have practical effect of a restraining order and may get him to move.

Second, you may file in court eviction proceedings to get a court order.

Third, you can try to negotiate a small amount from him to move. (eg. help with moving expenses etc)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you. Not very helpful as I have already found out that information.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Those are the options. The first and third are practical and quick, while the third is more involved but is a good option.

Kindly rate me 5 stars, and feel free to follow up with me if I can answer anything else.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Thank you in advance for taking a moment to rate me. 5 stars very much appreciated.

Related Landlord-Tenant Questions