Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I am having a small issue in regard to landlord, Wisconsin,

Customer Question

Good morning
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I am having a small issue in regard to landlord
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Wisconsin
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No From the time that I inquired about the apartment all the way to move in I have cooresponded with the leasing agent the entire time. I asked here what my total was to move in and she stated 1250 (withholding that the 1250 is only for security deposit and not rent and security). That was paid. , I did not receive a copy of my lease because they stated that it had to be send to corporate before I was able to move in. I moved in on 09/28, I received a email from the property manager the 2nd week of October stating that I owed a balance (which is Octobers rent), when inquired via email to the leasing agent she advised me to disregard ( via email) now they are saying it does not matter what she said via email I still owe then.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that is all
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

When did you actually sign the lease?