Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

EVICTED AFTER FIVE YEARS HELP!

Customer Question

I AM GETTING EVICTED AFTER FIVE YEARS HELP!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 month ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am wondering how much time i have. Heres the condensed version:
The apt. is month to month though originally was a 12 monthnlease, I have been here 5 + years and my 22 year old daughter and I are on the lease. However, I am on SDI and I was having my ex husband help me out with bills and he stayed here quite frequently, the mngrs knew him but dont normally deal with me at all. So, every month he would turn in rent and there was no issues. About 6 months ago things started to go south on that relationship. Ultimately what happened was although he was staying here almost all of the time , he knew I was going to end our partnership and did not pay rent for august or sept. I was not aware as we pay with money orders. around the last week in sept I was able to get him out of the apartment and he took our shared vehical and is now out of state. on Sept. 30

So you are behind in rent, is that correct?