Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I need to figure out how to get someone to pay me back the

Customer Question

I need to figure out how to get someone to pay me back the money i gave them to move into a house but we never moved in. I have made countless attempts to get them to pay me back with nothing but wasted time and loss of more money because of the situation as well as a forced relocation to another state, which has cost even more money. Do i file a lawsuit or get an attorney. But considering i am now in a different state for the next few months I'm not sure how to continue.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What state were you in when you made the agreement? Is the person that owes the money still in that state?