Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I was improperly charged for cleaning services on a one-time

Customer Question

I was improperly charged for cleaning services on a one-time basis for beach house cleaning and carpet cleaning when I do not have a carpet .. employees sent by principals cleaned house and I tried to pay them based upon fee set forth on website but was told I would be sent a bill because they were not permitted as employees to accept payment When the bill came it included carpet cleaning but i have no carpet. I tried to explain to company and they Kept sending me invoice, which they increased by $25 per month for a year. The principals have never even been inside the house ( never came for consultation) recently sued me in small claims court. Isn't is reasonable for me to dispute late fee of $25 per month when I tried to pay what I was quoted to begin with,given that they were trying to charge me for carpet cleaning never performed since thrrr is not carpet in house?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question.

Did you pay the invoice after deducting the improper charge for cleaning the nonexistent carpet?

Was there a written contract that provided for a late fee of $25/month?