Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 30 years of experience representing landlords and tenants.
17897874

My landlord has been harrassing me, and forced his way into

Customer Question

my landlord has been harrassing me , and forced his way into my establishment , also sent thugs to threaten me , and hie mother threaten me that would take another ave to get me out , and it wont be court (another ave)can i present this in a landlord tenant court , and how
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

It is illegal for a landlord to harass a tenant. YOu can sue for breach of the warranty of quiet enjoyment.

You can then present evidence of the landlord's trespass on your property and threats.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can i raise this issue at my landlord tenant courtyes i have proof
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
it is a breach of the warranty of quiet enjoymnt and a breach of your tenancy which you can raise as a counterclaim.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are affidavits permitted in landlord tenant court , and how do i obtain a quash, believe violation priviliges , doctor clients
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
An affidavit can not be used, other than to confirm service of process, in place of the testimony of a witness or party. Otherwise, it is hearsay.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.
An affidavit can not replace witness testimony.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!