Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

We've had mold issues in our apt., have filed a complaint

Customer Question

We've had mold issues in our apt., have filed a complaint with the Attorney General's office, approximately 6 weeks ago. We are awaiting our mediation of which we've not been given a date yet.
We have an asthmatic son which the apt. complex is aware of. He's been moved out of his room, cannot use his room or bathroom. The air quality report was supposed to be shared with us after some of the work was done and it wasn't. Two weeks ago a Hepa Restoration company came in to doa cleaning, then the next day the air was checked again. We've asked several times for the results to no avail.
We are extremely angry and my son has constantly been sick with his asthma and upper respiratory issues.
What are our legal rights? My email is***@******.*** and my phone number is(###) ###-####
Thank you in advance for your assistance. - Jamie Drye
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What state are you in? What is the result you are looking for, termination of the lease or fixing the problem? If you want to speak on the telephone that is an extra service that I can offer you. The cost is $59. Let me know if you want that service.