Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Second opinion] - I have been living at a residences for

Customer Question

Second opinion] - Hi, I have been living at a residences for about 1.5 months. When I first moved in the arrangement was 300 a month. Then about 2 weeks after I moved in we began dating and the arrangement changed to no set amount just help with bills. Last night the police were called and I told him he needs to give me a 30 day notice and the police called me a tenant. Since the agreement changed, would I owe .
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Nebraska and he is now coming into my room and harassing me and my 7 year old daughter
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: was never a lease and when we started dating he said just help out with bills. I have been here 1.5 months and have paid $654
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just need help
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

No, you would not owe any money since he only told you to help with the bills. There is no set amount that he asked you to contribute after your relationship changed. So, you would owe nothing when you move out.