Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have been served with an eviction notice and i am close to

Customer Question

I have been served with an eviction notice and i am close to the end of 60 day notice. It is for not following the park rules, i have always paid my rent on time - in the 5 years Ive lived here.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is Richard and I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What was the nature of the breach of the park rules? Is the park part of your housing complex or are we talking about a public park? Is your lease expiring or is this eviction prior to expiration of your lease term? Is your housing rent controlled?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is a an over 55 park. I moved in here in Dec. of 2010 with my husband. He passed July 6 of 2011. Ewhen the eviction notice was served, I looked in my husband's file for the lease but did not find it. I asked the park manager for a copy of my lease, which he refused to give me. My daughter lives with me as my caregiver as I am 80 years old and use a wheelchair. Due to loss of jobs and their home my youngest daughter and husband have been here for, perhaps 3 months. The notice accused me of having nefarious activities going on in my coach.
I was never cited by management for any of the complaints listed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If not clear, this is an over 55 mobile home park. We own our homes but recant the space.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That should be 'rent' our space.

Are you being evicted because your daughter and husband are living with you or for some other reason. If it is for allegedly violating the rules and you deny that a violation exists, you can contest the charge in court. The eviction notice should have given you the specifics of the alleged violation of the park rules. Did you get that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that was mentioned, plus I learned from the notice that my grandson (a young adult) had been sleeping in my storage shed, which I was unaware of, until he had a verbal clash with the female half of the management team
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am, basically, housebound. He is the one being accused of planned illegal activities.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I just sent you an offer for the live phone call. Once you accept it I will call you to discuss your situation.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Richard, thank you for what you have told me. I have decided to hi a local firm to assist me. Am I still obligated for the full service amount or just the trial?

In a practical sense I just use the service also so you should call customer service to get your answer. Good luck on your problem and if you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard-Bizlaw