Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

My bk was filed on oct. 3. sheriff lockout is sunday 10-23.

Customer Question

my bk was filed on oct. 3. sheriff lockout is sunday 10-23. what happened to my 30 day to vacate
JA: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?
Customer: Ca. yes. Actually an attorney filed for me. attorney wont return calls and paralegal gives me the run around. Both stated 30 extra , then back to have to move Sunday. what can I do?
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: year lease. monthly payments. offered payment prior to U.D., judgement of $2300 awarded. landlord then waived judgement amount and refilled for possession and lockout. we had code enforcement out to property prior to court.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: thbat I am thankful for your time and assistance
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

What date did the landlord get a judgment for possession? Was it before or after the BK filing?

Are you still interested in an answer to the question?