Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants

I rent my basement out to a family of 2 and they are not

I rent my basement out to a family of 2 and they are not keeping it clean. Can I do an inspection as I feel is needed to keep it clean. Right now it is A mess and causing bugs.

See duties of tenant, page 3:

under North Carolina law, it is the duty of the tenant keep the premises and clean condition. You can inspect as needed for that purpose andIf they fail to do so you have grounds to evict them.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.