Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

There is a roofing company that has been doing the roofs on

Customer Question

There is a roofing company that has been doing the roofs on my complex since August and are still working on them. The company that is working on it are from Tampa and are Mexicans which they don't speak much English. They have blocked off the spaces so us tenants have to find other spaces. I am handicapped and cannot hardly walk. Even emergency vehicles cannot get through without breaking the tape they put across the road. The name of the complex is Royal Ridge. *****North, St.Petersburg, FL 33710. Is there anything us tenants can do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

You may wish to file a fair housing complaint as the contractor still has a duty to accommodate disabilities during construction projects. Other options may include some form or legal action; but the issue may become moot before the case gets processed.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.