Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I was evicted 8/31/16. Labor day weekend everything else was

Customer Question

I was evicted 8/31/16. Labor day weekend everything else was removed. Sliding glass door was broken. Constable and Management they did nothing. They want over $1,000.00 in rent late fees and court fees. I was insured and filed police report. I lost deprecation of $1,600.00 and deductible $1,500.00. Can I file counter charges so that I only pay some of what they want and clear my record so I can rent a new place? There are more issues. I need to speak to someone. If there is a way to help me please call me ***********
Thank you
Karen **********
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 9 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Karen, good morning. What was the basis of the eviction? Did they get a court order to allow your personal items to be removed? Were you forcefully evicted?

Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 6 days ago.

I received the two photos sent.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How much more can/or will you charge me?

If you want to remain in this chat, there is no additional fee. If you think it would be easier to speak on the phone, let me know and you can request a call but there is an additional fee.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I still haven't received a response from you yet. Your wasting my time. You charged me and asking for more. Enclosed is final statement from Management company.
1st) 8/1/16. Of $535.83 I agree I Owe. When constable gave me 15 minutes to get most important things. I returned Key and was told I had 21 days to get my stuff. Also I would be charged a storage fee of $14.00. I would only be allowed a One time entry. I returned 9/6/16.
2nd) They are charging me for 9/1/16 rent and a 21 day hold fee Dated 9/23/16
3rd) 9/23/16 THEY again are charging me Termination fee which is about 2 month rent.
They don't mention late fees of $50.00 + $10.00 A DAY 10X30=$380.00
I had already cleaned carpet but there should be normal wear and tear for 2 1/2 years plus whom ever robbed me trashed the place with smokes and Crackers. When I left message at office about robbery, and how they never fixed door, I also told them I wasn't cleaning the mess, because I was still injured and they DIDNT FIX DOOR.
The robbery was there fault, the evication wasn't right because no one has the right to tell me how many visitors I may have on a Friday afternoon. Now I need some kind of an answer if you can help I'll pay a retainer, or forward me, or tell me I'm shit out luck.
Do you need Doctors report? Police report should be here any day. If you need court order let me know.
Karen ***********