Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

Iv'e just moved into a inlaw unit that is attached to the

Customer Question

Iv'e just moved into a inlaw unit that is attached to the landlord's home. My rental agreement clearly states that the unit is to be occupied by only one tenant. Which is clearly stated in the lease and i understand that. Nowhere in the least does it mention anything about guests. My girlfriend spent the weekend with me and I just received an email from the landlord that the unit is to be occupied only by one person and anyone spending the night by previous tenents usually notified him for approval. None of this id mentioned in the lease or was verbally stated to me before I moved in. I'm not even sure what his issue is. I've requested to speak to him in person and not use email as a form of my response
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  legalgems replied 9 days ago.

Good Day!A few minutes please as I review your question so I can provide you with legal information. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 9 days ago.

What state is this in regards ***** *****? Also, does the lease address overnight guests or is it silent on that issue?