Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert

I have lived in my place for over two years. My rent is

Customer Question

I have lived in my place for over two years. My rent is current and less than 30 days ago landlord replaced carpet and vinyl and let me pick the colors. I went out purchased furniture, wall hangings and all new bathroom stuff to match colors. He called 2 days ago and told me a man who maintenaces his properties recently lost his place and wants to move in to my place and ask me to move by November..... I am seasonally employed, 59.5 yrs. Old and have budgeted winter bills for the cost for this place. Does he have a right to do that and what is my rights concerning being evicted on this situation after spending 100's of dollars to replace furnishings to match the paint, carpet and vinyl..... Please help ASAP...... THANK YOU!
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 10 days ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Are you currently in a lease ? If so when does that lease expire?