Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US
18695994

I have lived at my residence for 6 years now and pay $2,600

I have lived at my residence for 6 years now and pay $2,600 rent. My landlord said to me today that my lease is coming up in a month and he wants me to move out because he wants to termite bomb his 3 family dwelling and do other major work that will take a month to do. Is this legal??? This is my California retirement condo and I want to live here for life. He asked the other tenants to move out too

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

Where in CA do you live and is there rent control where you live?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
252 Avenida Del Poniente Apt A, San Clemente, CA 92672
I do not know if there is rent control.
I do not know what that means.
I moved in july 2011 at $2,200 a month Rent got raised to 2,400 July 2013 and then rent got raised to 2,600 july 2016

There are no rent controls in your city so the landlord does not have to renew a lease. You may want to see if he is agreeable to allowing you to move back in at the old rate once his work is done. He is not obligated to make such an agreement but may be willing to do so.

Sorry for the bad news but that is where you stand legally.

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

I sent you the answer to your question a few days ago. If you do not have any additional questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.

You still have not rated my answer to your question. Please do so as that is how the site operates, experts only get credit when you rate the answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was wondering though how long does it take in the state of California for a landlord to evict you? For no apparent reason? I've heard one to two years

From the date that the summons is served on you, it takes about 30 days. Here is a link to a timeline chart.

http://www.alrp.org/wp-content/uploads/Eviction-Flow-Chart.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I accidentally pushed the button that says call me I do not want you to call me I cannot afford $59
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll rate you when I find the rating chart I just woke up I'm not operating my phone too good and please no more charges for anything okay I'm done

Thank you for positively rating my answer. I am glad I could be of help. If you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard - Bizlaw.