Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I have a new landlord that just called and told me I have to

Customer Question

I have a new landlord that just called and told me I have to move on 30 days. He really wants me out sooner but, the question is does he have the right to make threats? I have a section 8 lease in Alaska, also I am disabled. He said 'I am calling the health dept. because of your dogs and your filth. My house is not filthy because I am on section 8 and all they have to give before inspection is 24 hour notice.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Alaska
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No. Just that it's clean.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I really feel harassed because of his attitude, his tone of voice and the last thing he said was take your filth and go back to the woods. I am very southern sounding and I took it as a slur.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  barristerinky replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Is he alleging that you are somehow in breach of your lease?

.

And this was just verbal, he hasn't given you any written notice, correct?

.

When does your lease come up for renewal?

.

.

thanks

.