Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Commercial and residential leases in NY & NJ & US
18695994

Is there a law I can use to get tenants out of my property

is there a law I can use to get tenants out of my property so I can live there, I am 70, I don't have the funds to evict and I did tell them that I was not renewing the lease.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Oakland ca
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: regular lease for a year but the rent is late and never the full amount., I have not been able to find a copy of the lease but it was the standard
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what is omi or oni does it have to do with seniors right

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to help you. Please remember I just report or interpret the law, so the outcome may not be what you hoped for.

is your property rent controlled or not subject to rent control?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there a law to protect senior so I ca move in I am living with my sister l was told a special law for senior landlords

Even if your rental is subject to rent control, as the owneer you have the right to not renew the lease if you are going to move in and occupy it as your priincipal residence. This applies whether or not you are a senior. You need to give them written notice that the lease will not be renewed because you are going to take occupancy as your primary residence.

If I have answered all your questions, please positively rate my answer as that is how I receive credit. If you have more questions, please let me know. If the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for your great service

If I have answered all your questions, please highly rate my answer as that is how I get credit for working on your question.

I sent you the answer to your question a few days ago with which you were satisfied. However, unless you highly rate my answer I do not get credit for working on your question. Please do not forget to rate my answer.

Thank you for positively rating my answer. I am glad I could be of help. If you have questions in the future please ask for me Richard - Bizlaw.