Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Lawyer
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Law Expert
19305272

I HAVE A SITUATION, I LIVE IN A APARTMENT COMPLEX WHERE IVE

Customer Question

HELLO,
I HAVE A SITUATION, I LIVE IN A APARTMENT COMPLEX WHERE IVE BEEN THERE SINCE 2007. I PAY $930.00 A MONTH AND MAINTENANCE FEE ALSO WHICH IS $60.00 A MONTH. I RECENTLY DISCOVER THAT I HAVE BLACK MOLD IN MY BEDROOM ON THE BRICK NEXT TO THE WINDOW.I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD COME IN AND FIX CERTAIN PROBLEMS THAT I HAD ADDRESS OVER A MONTH AGO. AT NIGHT I WAS FINDING IT HARD TO BREATH AND ALWAYS FEELING TIRED. AS SOON AS I STEP OUT SIDE MY BREATHING PROBLEMS WOULD BE BACK TO NORMAL. I HAVE TAKING VIDEO OF THE MOLD AND TOLD THEM THAT I WAS UPSET THAT NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE AND I WAS MOVING OUT THE FIRST OF NOVEMBER 2016, AND ALSO I WAS NOT PAYING RENT FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER. I DONT KNOW IF THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO DO THAT BUT I AM VERY UPSET. AND DUE TO THAT I HAVE HEALTH ISSUE AND MY IMMUNE SYSTEM IS NOT THAT STRONG I FELT THAT I NEED TOO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT CAN I DO TO SLOVE THIS PROBLEM..
THANK YOU
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. When you followed up with them, what did they say? Why have they not remedied the problem?