Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney 35 years extensive and active real estate practice; represents both landlords and tenants
18215332

I live in a mobilhome park. have been here approx 20 yrs.

Customer Question

I live in a mobilhome park. have been here approx 20 yrs. the ground under my home has eroded so bad that my home is leaning. the management refuses to do anything to correct the problem. there is nothing in my lease that says i have to maintain the ground.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I have been after the management for over 2 yrs.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know how I can make these people correct the situation.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

I want to know how I can make these people correct the situation.

No, you can't make them do anything with regard to the ground itself. All you can do is move your trailer to another site. I know you've been there 20 years and you don't want to move that thing. You're pretty much stuck between a rock and a hard place, but it shouldn't be that difficult or expensive for you to make the repair yourself, and ask the Park owner to let you deduct the cost from your future lot rent. After all, it if you move, they're going to have to fix the site for the next occupant anyway.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.