Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experience representing landlords and tenants.
11313492

My roommate became violent and threw a speaker at my

Customer Question

My roommate became violent and threw a speaker at my girlfriend and threatened to throw her out. I want to move out now because she is unstable. How can break the lease legally? What grounds can I use?
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 months ago.
You can seek to cancel based on failure to provide quiet enjoyment and unsafe premises. You may both seek a restraining order through the police which could have the effect of forcing him to move. LL may also accommodate in this situation and either release you or permit you to sublet.In all events You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.If I can clarify or explain anything further, just ask me. kindly rate me 5 stars.