LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

I HAVENT PAID MY RENT ON THE DUE DATE FIRST TIME MISSING

Customer Question

I HAVENT PAID MY RENT ON THE DUE DATE THIS IS MY FIRST TIME MISSING RENT BECAUSE I HAD STARTED A NEW JOB AND HAVENT GOTTEN PAID . I GOT A 3 DAY NOTICE I DONT REALLY UNDERSTAND IT AND WILL I GET KICKED OUT ? CAN I PAY IN INSTALLMENTS, WILL THEY WORK WITH ME IF I TELL THEM THE REASON WHY I HAVENT PAID ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

A 3 day notice is given by a landlord, when a tenant owes rent and it is past due. If the rent is not paid, then the landlord can proceed and evict you. At this time, you can try and work something out with them and present a payment plan, to avoid the eviction. You can and should contact them and put something in place and also obtain a letter from your employer, advising of the issue with the new job and waiting on your paycheck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I AM ABLE TO MAKE PARSHMENT PAYMENTS ?
UNTIL ITS ENTIRALLY?

Yes, they would have to agree and allow this. If they do not want to accept and allow it, they can proceed with the eviction.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I JUST MOVED IN HERE IN SEPTEMBER OCT 1 WAS THE FIRST RENT DUE

Yes and if the rent was not paid, as you agreed, they are going to evict you and not allow you to live there for free. They agreed to allow you to move in, based upon your promise to pay the rent.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I GET PAID FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WEEK I WONT HAVE ENOUGH TO PAY EVERYTHING WILL THEY ACCEPTH WHAT I CAN GIVE NOW AND PAY THE REST THE FOLLOWING PAY CHECK ?

That is at their discretion. They do not have to but may want to work with you, since evicting someone takes time and they may want to avoid it. Thank you again and please just remember to kindly rate my help at the top, at this time.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DO I HAVE TO BE OUT AFTER THE 3 DAYS NOTICE ? THIS IS A PROPERTY MANAGENT

No, you do not. After the 3 day notice, they will then proceed with the eviction, through the court, which could take a few weeks. If you do not leave they will get a court order.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DURING THE EVICTION PROCESS WILL I STILL BE ABLE TO PAY THE RENT ?

No, you will not. Once the 3 days pass, they do not have to accept the rent and could reject it and proceed with the eviction

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
BUT IF I MAKE ARRANGEMNTS WITH THEM TO PAY THEY WONT PROCEED TO EVICT ME?

Yes, you are correct. . Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!