LandlordTenantAnswer
LandlordTenantAnswer, Attorney
Experience:  Landlord-Tenant Disputes, Leases, Evictions, Foreclosures.
9540344

Landlord has provision in lease that states we may enjoy the

Customer Question

Landlord has provision in lease that states we may enjoy the hot tub.He has since sold the hot tub. Can he do this? Is he legally obligated to provide us with the hot tub?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: CT
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: Yes the usual for that...we will be responsible for the maintainence, and that we absolve him of any responsibility for unforseen events. My son is a certified pool and spa technician
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Landlord-Tenant
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Were you required to maintain the hot tub? Also, do you believe a fee was charged and/or the price of the rent included this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we are responsible for the care etc. And it was included in the rent $$
Expert:  LandlordTenantAnswer replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for the additional information. In a situation like this, the landlord would either need to provide another hot tub or reduce the rent, since you shared that it was included in the rent and a benefit of the rental property. It is very odd the landlord would just sell the hot tub, when it was included and part of the rental but he would have breached the lease agreement, if he took away your right, use and enjoyment of it and would need to proceed in one of the ways I shared above.